Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruising on the Majesty

Sail Date: February 01, 2008

This was our second cruise and booked at the spur of the moment for our 10th anniversary and we booked with another couple - we all had alot of fun, but I wouldn't cruise on this ship again. First of all when leaving from Charleston Airport ask for a shuttle to the port, not a taxi. The fare for a taxi was $80 because we had to wait in a long line to get into the port. If we would have taken a shuttle it would have only been $12 per person ($48 for 4 of us). Our cabin was alot smaller than expected and we tried to upgrade but they were completely booked - we did receive a $25 credit I guess because they could not upgrade us which I thought was a nice gester because we really didn't complain, just wanted more space. But once we got our clothes unpacked it ended up not being as bad as we thought. The breakfast buffet was the same thing everyday, not much of a selection - it tasted good but I got tired of eating the same thing. Lunch buffet was horrible but atleast you could get pizza, hamburgers and hotdogs 24-hours a day. Dinner was very good and you could order two entrees or appetizers if you wanted and the wait staff was nice. We were told you only needed reservations for a 5:30 and I think 9:00 dinner spot but everytime we went around 6:30 or 7:00 we ended up waiting atleast 30 minutes for our number to be called. 8:15 seemed to be a good time. I read that jeans were not allowed in main dining rooms, but you could wear jeans in one of them. My husband tried to wears nice cargo shorts and they would not let us in, but some people walked out wearing jeans, sweatshirts and flip flops and that was allowed!!! Also my friend had on a denim skirt and we were escorted to the other dining room because no jeans at all were allowed in that particular one. The bartenders were very friendly and remembered our names and what we drank, but they hounded us for drinks. We would literally have a bucket of beer (if you get a bucket you pay for 5 beers and get 1 free) and full glasses of mixed drinks in front of us and they would still ask us if we wanted anything every 5 minutes - that was very annoying. Our rooms were always cleaned nicely and we were able to get extra towels when asked. We played BINGO several times and the best value was to get the electronic cards for $50 because majority of the people who hit hit on those cards. No one ever hit the $1000 jackpot each day, so that money was rolled over to the final jackpot of $5000 at the end of the week and no one hit that either!! Hmmm! The elevators were very slow and small so we used the stairs alot. It was hard to get a lounge chair on the top deck so you need to get there early!!! It was also hard to get a seat for breakfast inside or outside. The Entertainment staff were probably the best part of the cruise...they were alot of fun!!! We had alot of fun in the disco. I got a facial and massage and that was very good too!!

Pros: The Entertainment Staff

Cons: Buffets

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.