Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Southern Charm

Sail Date: February 10, 2007

We recently sailed on the Norwegian Majesty from Charleston SC. This was our 3rd cruise, and our general impression was avarage. There were 12 of us sailing together to take part in a wedding at Key West. Check in was a breeze and we got right on board and right to our room. Our luggage was delivered within a few hours. The room was a little smaller then compariable size rooms on other ships and kind of bare. You could tell this was an older ship. We had no major problems other then the speed of the ship. We were the last one to arrive at every port and the first to leave. A few hours after leaving the ports we could see all the other ships passing us like we were standing still. My opinion is, when this ship was cut in half and extended a few years ago, they did not increase the power of the engines to compinsate. Because this was a small ship, there was also a small crew which was great. There was pleanty of people to help us, but because there was so few of them they knew our names by the second day. The entertainment was AWESOME. The on board entertainment crew as well as the comidean and guest singer were great. The food was good too, typical cruise food. There was never a wait to get into any resturant or a lack of food. Beacause this was a small ship, there was not a whole lot to do and I did get board at times. Other then a small work out area, there were no other physical activites. No basketball, no outdor spoerts nothing. They did have a lot of Bingo games but I felt it was much too expensive to play. Lastly, this cruise had a lot of older couples (No Offence, we are in our 30s) and so the disco was empty most nights due to the lack of younger folks. Along with being an older crowd, most of the guests (at least 75%) were from the South. (We are from Massachusetts) We found that most of these people were in fact pretty rude to the staff and in general. On more then one occation my wife and I were imbaressed and said, "its no wonder people don't like americans". So, our rating on this cruise has more to do with the guests then the ship itself.

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: It was a small ship

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? Yes!

This is a great spot. Even though we were the last ship in for the day, we still got a spot on the pier to dock. Getting on and off was easy and the city is great. Lots of shops, resturants and things to do. Some really great exscurtions to do, wish we had time to do more of them
Don't Miss: Carlos and Charlies
Key West, Florida
What can I say..WOW.... an awesome spot, I could spend a week here. We only had a little time to look around because we were in town for a wedding. The wedding was great (weather could have been better) but all in all..... AWESOME Town...
Don't Miss: Everything about this place is COOL...... Home to Jimmy Buffett, I can see why
George Town, Grand Cayman
Very Americanized and VERY expensive. When we were there, 6 other cruise ships were there also. There were more tourisest in town then anything else. It felt like I was walking through New York City on a busy afternoon. Also we were the last ship to get to town and the first to leave so we were rushed. There is no dock here so you have to take a tender (small boat) from the ship to town which took a while.
Don't Miss: I would rather have stayed on the ship