Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

"A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT"

Sail Date: March 01, 2006

The ship itself was just OK. This was our first cruise ever so we really had nothing to compare it to, however, we were told by many people how wonderful cruising can be. A handicapped woman fell out of her wheelchair while boarding in Charleston SC, that was the first bad sign of the crew. Overall the crew members were pretty rude or with bad attitudes with the exception of maybe 5 or 6 people who I DO remember. I attributted the attitudes to the fact that the ship was crawling with drunk teen-agers, but I should not have to be the person to pay the price for that (well over $1000.00 trip). I work in the vacation industry and we always alert our guests if any particular event will be coinciding with their vacation. Had I been aware it was a spring break ship I would have definitely rescheduled. We were supposed to have a non smoking room, we didn't, our refrigerator was broken the first 4 days, the beds were like bricks and the covers were stained and smelled very bad. When we did lay down for the night we had to call security almost every night because of the loud partying going on in the halls and cabins beside us. I am not against anyone having a good time, but enough is enough and I wanted to enjoy the ship a little bit too. We never got a chance to use the pool , the one time I got into the hot tub it was filled with trash. The shows were not good because people were coming in and out and standing in the isles so you could not see the stage. When I ask a crew member to ask them to sit down he got an attitude and said "not really". The food was average, but nothing like I heard it would be. This was the Norweigan Majesty out of Charleston South Carolina. I hope I have a better experience on the next cruise. I will give it another try.

Pros: The Ocean

Cons: Spring Break college kids overrunning the ship