Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Let's start off by saying I am a middle class kind of guy. I stay at Motel 6 and dine at Bob Evans. My perspective will not be the same as someone that has a better houskeeping staff at home than they get on the ship.The ship is one of the oldest and definitely the smallest in the Norwegien fleet. That's good and bad. The good, it has the classic cruise ship look. No atrium, plenty of wood and brass, and not too many decks to navigate. The bad, it does show its age. The elevator doors are dented from being hit with carry-ons (they only use the aft elevators for baggage and they do pad the interior, so don't blame NCL like some people do). The room was in nice shape, a few scuff marks on the wall are the only real noticeable sign of the ship's age.The food was good and the freestyle concept AMAZING! I like to eat when I'm hungry not when they tell me to. The dining staff was excellent! The buffet left a lot to be desired, but was available almost all day long! The grill put Carnival's 24-hour pizza place to shame. The room service menu was the shortest we've seen, but with a 24-hour grill, who needs it.This was a family cruise! There were more families on this ship than any other I've been on. I consider that a good thing. Less drunk teens and fewer seniors made us feel extremely comfortable having our kids with is. The cruise was so family oriented that our children spent no time in the kids program. They were welcome anywhere all the time.The private island was a little crowded. This was a cruise to Nassau, stopping at their island on the second day. We were glad this was one of the small ships. I couldn't imagine another thousand people on the beach. There were quiet, secluded hiking trails that prooved to be a nice escape from the crowds at the beach. The lagoon was perfect for my son's first time snorkeling.One final note. If you are prone to motion sickness, bring dramamine. We left the port of Miami three hours late, and to make up time, we cruised much faster than normal. This combined with the time of year (December) made for a a whole lot of rolling motion, a problem we've never experienced on a larger ship.