Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Based on some negative comments I had read on the web prior to my trip (Dec. 16-20 to Key West and Cozumel), I was most pleasantly surprised. The ship is spotless, the service very good. While I wouldn't call the food gourmet, it certainly is plentiful and much better than what I usually eat. (I had to skip dinner one night because I was just coudln't eat any more.) The ambience in the Pasta restaurant is very nice and this included restaurant seemed a bit 'undiscovered.' Also, I never had to wait to be seated so I liked how the freestyle plan worked. I was forewarned about the sales pitches on the drinks -- so it was no surprise and I really did not feel pestered at all by being asked if I wanted a drink. All you have to do is say no. No big deal. And ice tea is available all day long. You just have to get up and go to one of the 4-6 drink stations on the pool level. I skipped organized talks on port activities, art auctions, bingo and shore excursions. I organized my own port activities. My cabin was small but well appointed-again much better than I expected. My only regret is the limited amount of time in ports, I would have preferred to spend more time in Key West and more time in Cozumel.