Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

My first cruise

Sail Date: July 08, 2007

My entire family went to Bermuda from Boston last July. There were about 30 of us and we were celebrating our parents 50th wedding anniversary. This was my first cruise. The rooms we had were great, much bigger than I had imagined. The staff everywhere on board was wonderful, very helpful and always smiling. I was disappointed with the dining situation. It is advertised as free style, eat when you want and that you do not have to dress for dinner. That is not quite true, shorts are not allowed in the restaurants. Some of the teenagers and younger adults traveling in our party had only packed shorts. This was frustrating. The entertainment and activities were good, it seemed like we all had something to do most of the time. My three sons range in age from 14 to 20 years old. My 14 year old became bored some of the time and my two older boys had too much access to alcohol. That worried me and you get hit with the bill at the end of your vacation. We took two off shore excusions while in Bermuda. The staff helping us was wonderful and worked very hard to get us the arrangements that we wanted. We took a dolphin dip and went snorkeling. The dolphin dip was not what it was advertised as and was very expensive. My whole family was disappointed. Snorkeling was a great experience, we all enjoyed it and can't wait to go again. In all is was a great trip and I would go on a cruise again.

Pros: The staff on board was wonderful!

Cons: "Free style dining" is somewhat misleading, there were dress codes in all of the restaurants.

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? Yes!

Needed pants for dinner, very hard to get reservation for restaurants
very clean, staff was excellent
St. George's, Bermuda
Shopping was fun. Tabacco beach a must, very beautiful! The White Horse Tavern is very convenient and great for lunch or dinner. Dolphin Dip is a waste of time but snorkeling and jet skiing worth every penny.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling