Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Had a great time

Sail Date: April 23, 2007

The ship was ok. I have been on 7 cruises and this was the smallest, so I was a little worried. Heading to Bermuda was a little rough had to take something for the motion for the first time but the seas were wavy. On the way home it was fine. I must say I like the newer, bigger, more modern ships better. I think I did like the free style cruising/ dining this was my first experience with that. I would defineatly try Norweign again for the free style but on a bigger newer ship next time. There were pros and cons with free style dining but would try again for sure. Loved Bermuda a very nice port not enough time in port tho. Would have liked another full day. Did the helmet dive what a nice excursion loved it. The company they use was great Grahm the owner was very nice. I have read alot of negative reviews and I am trying not to be negative everyone has a right to their opinion, the way I look at it, is that a time or vacation is what you make it. Not matter what make the best of it. We had a great time and would try Norweign again to experience the free style dining once again to see if I really like it or perfer a set table and seating time. They had fun activities on the pool deck at night while in port. The breakfast buffet was terrible we finally went to the dining room for breakfast the last day and next will time do that every day and for lunch also. Dinners were good. Had dinner in LeBistro it was very good. Nice atmosphere. All in alll the cruise was a good time Norweign was good and will try them again on a new ship.

Pros: The port of Bermuda

Cons: The buffets espeically the breakfast one

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? Yes!

For an older ship it was in good shape. Lay out was good. Bathrooms at pool area need to be cleaned better!
Food was average. Dining room for dinner was good. Buffets need alot of imrovement! Dining free style was great could eat when you wanted too, liked that option. LeBistro was good, worth the $15.00 charge
Cabin size was what expected. They do their best with the space they have. Decor was fine like all others, Cabin steward was great always kept room clean and turned down at night with our little towel animals, outside room and loved that first time for outside room, will always go with that now.
Most staff was pretty good. Of course there are always a few that stand out for friendlyness and service. For the most part they were friendly and would say hello. When we checked into our state room my daughter and I had one bed. We went to the front desk and there of course was a sign crusie all sold out no rooms avaiable, but I waited in line still and asked told them we booked for two and would perfer 2 beds and also wanted to stay with an outside room. Within in seconds she had another room for us and took us personally to had us look at it first to see if we wanted it. First original room had obstructed view of life boats, this one did not so that was a bonus. Was very happy with that above and beyond service.
Entertainment was ok. Have seen better shows but did enjoy what they had to offer. We did alot of relaxing on the ship which was a nice change for my cruising, I usually try and do everything this time I relaxed. Took advantage of a nice massage which I enjoyed.
St. George's, Bermuda
Loved Bermuda, the island is beautiful. Wish we had more time there another full day would have been great. Also was disappointed with shops closing so early next time will plan shopping for earlier in the day, But Loved Berumda and want to go back!
Don't Miss: Helmet Dive, and make sure use public transportation so easy to use and get around and the cheapest way to do it also.
St. George's, Bermuda