Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Never again!

Sail Date: April 23, 2007

We sailed out of Boston which was close to home (no air fare). The ride was very rough at least have the ship was sea sick (they ran out of seas sick pills) I brought my own. The ship itself is old and very worn, we had a problem with the shower drain backing up, filled about 3-4 inches of the bathroom floor with water. Made call to maintance first thing in morning went ashore came back that later that night went to take a shower before dinner and drain still clogged. Had to call again, 45 minutes later I heard what sounds like a snake (metal drain cleaner) in the shower. 5 minutes later knock on the door maintance man, what seems to be the problem told him I heard them working on the drain now he forgot how to speak english. Drain fixed took shower had dinner. The crew I felt for the most part were a little rude, not all but most of them. I feel with the automatic tipping they got their tip so they don't work as hard for it! Food Quality is ok, when they didn't run out. Selection of food lousy and a lot of times cold, I think I threw more away then I ate. First cruise I've been on and lost weight HaHaHa! I've always cruised Carnival and had a great time. Not to say I wouldn't do NCL again just not the Majesty.

Pros: Port of call (Bermuda)

Cons: The crew and ship

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.

Quality of food poor, Free Style means hurry up and wait and don't wear your shorts. To me Free Style means that, they say wear what you want, eat when you want but they have a dress code for the dinning rooms. I am on Vacation and I don't want to dress up. I have enough formal pictures "way to many" so we ate mostly in the buffet sections. The Drinks are great, Love the dirty banana trying to duplacait it.
Again, automatic tipping they don't need to work hard for the tip they know their getting. I watched a poor lady fall on some spilled water or something on the floor that hadn't been cleaned up. When she fell not one of the crew helped her up, Lucky for her I'm a gentelman and jumped right up to help her to her table. Then I watched one of the crew put a chair over the food she spilled went she fell, 20 minute later when we left it was still there on the floor.
Again old and worn
A little to small (no fault to them) had ask the cabin stewart twice on the cruise to change the sheets, I have a huge problem with stained sheets. other than that room was always kept cleaned.
St. George's, Bermuda
Everything is a must see! What I like you might not, what you like I might not, so I say see everything. The Rum swizzle inn was cool. The Rum Swizzle catamaran tour was Awesome, all the free Rum Swizzle you can drink (We ran out)! We got some awesome shots of the sunset and the crew was awesome. The island drive tour is OK it's around 5 hours and take you through the island with a stop at the light house (10 minutes) a stop at the dock side( Kings Wharf) 50 minutes, also the botanical gardens were nice, (15 minutes) other than that mostly driving and listening to bus driver and thats why they call it the Island drive tour.
Don't Miss: Nothing comes to mind