Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Amazing service

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

When we picked this cruise, we knew it wasn't part of a luxury cruise line or even a premium one. We picked this cruise line because it was close to home. It was a small ship and decor was reminiscent of old Las Vegas. Being said, my husband and I still had a wonderful time on this cozy and older ship and on the beautiful island of Bermuda.

I read more than 100 reviews before going on the Majesty and they were all across the board. There are a few things cruise enthusiasts should remember: Life is what you make of it. I'm a restaurant reviewer and I'm used to eating at high end restaurants as well as holes in the wall. There were good things and bad things about the menu at all their restaurants. Le Bistro was better than all the rest.

I kept in mind that people on this ship work 10 hours a day to provide 1500 people impressive and courteous service. There were a lot of people who complained about the food yet have never even dinned at LEspalier or Aijourd'hui in Boston. The style of food at the dining rooms was "Nouvelle" or "New French" and many of the dishes clearly had a European influence. Some dishes were executed well and some dishes looked liked they were massed produced. This was the cheapest cruise we have been on and it left from Boston so we didn't really have anything to complain about. If you want to go on a high end 5-star cruise, you should just pay for it.

For people who are going on a cruise, any cruise -- PLEASE give credit where credit is due. If you see service that you find excellent, reward them. Many people working on board earn a fraction of what we call "minimum wage" in the United States. They work hard to treat you like "majesty" and they deserve a little reward. We tipped everyone we found exceptional(which was most of them). We also took our time to write 15 or more thoughtful "style cards" and "comment cards" about deserving crew members. Please keep in mind that this is an important factor in their promotion.

I will end this review on a good note or a nice story about Bermuda. The Bermudans were so nice and polite to each other and to us. For example, we hopped on a bus to go downtown Bermuda and a woman who got on the bus after us said "Good morning everybody." The whole bus said in unison: "Good Morning" back. Can you imagine people doing that in Boston or anywhere else for that matter? It was almost utopian.

Peace and Happy cruising!!!
Jen :-)

Pros: Service

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? Yes!