Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Pleasantly Surprised

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

My husband and I just returned from the Boston to Bermuda cruise September 2006 and I can say that we were both pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed the ship so much. We had sailed on this same ship in 1994 and 2000 with the same itinerary. We thought, well the ship has been around for a while and doesn't have all the amenities of some others but we'll make the best of it. The itinerary and convenience of departing out of Boston was the attraction for us. We were quite surprised!

Pros: The freestyle cruising is so convenient. Didn't think I'd like it, I'm a traditionalist, but I loved it.

Cons: Waiting for the elevators seemed a little too long and gift shops not too creative

The staff has worked very hard to keep the ship updated with new upholstery, drapes, bedding, carpeting, etc. Although some areas still need updating. The ship was extremely clean, dirty dishes were promptly picked up, rest rooms never out of paper
The size was more than adequate for our week's cruise. The room didn't start out to be a positive experience. A leak of some type had occured the cruise before us and it left the carpet wet with a musty odor. But once I brought it to the attention of staff, it was immeditaly addressed resulting in the carpet being replaced. Maintenance worked hard to accomplish this with as little inconvenience to us as possible.
The size of the stage limits the type of performances that can occur in the Palace Theatre so that is understandable. But the shows were very entertaining and the performers were extremely talented. The BINGO is always a winner no matter where it's held. The pool entertainment didn't seem to have the ZIP I was familiar with from other cruises I've taken, but they were somewhat entertaining.
Food choices and quality in dining rooms were good. Food arrived hot, fresh. The gourmet dining was outstanding both the Mediterannean Bistro and Italian Cafe.
I can't stress enough how pleased I was with the greetings and assistance I got the entire trip. Always a "good morning, good evening" with a smile. They definitely strived to see that you enjoyed yourself and your needs were met.
St. George's, Bermuda
The beaches and snorkeling are a must see. I personally didn't do the cave excursion but I heard from another passenger it was magnificent. No great deals on shopping. Dined at Tom Moore's Tavern for dinner one evening. Very $$$$ but worth it with the dine around voucher. Service outstanding, food excellent! The harbor night celebration in St. George's on Tuesday and then in Hamilton on Wednesday is really a waste of time. It's basically a flea market but on a much smaller scale. People selling their handmade wares.
Don't Miss: The beach at Horseshoe Bay and the tour of the island