Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Relaxing, sun soaked cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

This was my second cruise with NCL. The first trip, in 1998, was horrible; I vowed never to cruise with NCL again. I am trilled that I changed my mind. I expected nothing and received excellence. This was the most relaxing vacation that I have every experienced. The staff of the Majesty waited on my husband and I hand and foot. We never wanted for anything. My only negative comment was the $10/passenger/day gratuity, but I understand why it is needed. I would have rathered having control on how it was distributed among the staff.

Pros: Service

Cons: Automatic gratuity

Ship size small, but appropriate for sailing from Boston to Bermuda. Although ship is older, we found it clean and the decor pleasant.
Stateroom small, but that was to be expected. It suited our needs. The overall condition of the stateroom was good and our stewards made sure it was always clean and stocked with clean towels, our beds turned down at night, and delightful towel creations.
Loved the free style dining. The staff service stations in the middle of the dining areas were alarming at first, but we got used to it. Obviously, the close proximity of the station gave way to more attentive staff and quicker service. Food quality and variety great. I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
I can't comment enough about the staff. Ireneo and Lukman, our stewards, were the best. Every meal, we were served by different waitstaff that were courteous and professional. Only at the Captain's dinner were there any delays. The staff's attentiveness made this cruise very special and memorable for us.
Adam Ace, comedian, was hilarious. NCL production company was awesome. Don't feel this is a "party" ship, but the entertainment offered was more than enough for us. There was plenty to do, if you wanted to.