Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Great Family Cruise

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

From the time we embarked the ship to the disembarkment, everything was handled efficiently and professionally. We were on the ship in no time, ready to start our vacation. When boarded, the deck was filled with music, food and beverages. Great way for a send off. There was a slight bump in the travel as the captain had to turn back to Chatham some time during late Sunday night/early Monday morning due to a health emergency for one of the passengers. This caused us to get into Bermuda later than the expected 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday. I believe we arrived some time around 2:00 p.m. The island was fun to explore. Golf was a challenge at Port Royale but well worth the experience. The beaches were spectacular. Two of my favorite beaches were Horseshoe Bay and St. Catherine's beach. St. Catherines's was a much shorter drive from St. Georges's which is high on my list as I was a bit uncomfortable in the taxis. Due to the late arrival in Bermuda, the captain allowed us to stay later than the expected departure time. We had to be on the ship at 1:30 p.m. rather than the earlier time. He did try to make up for the lost time with a rum happy hour later that afternoon. All in all, my kids had a great time participating in the activities, as well as us parents. Definitely a family vacation to enjoy.

Pros: The freestyle dining is perfect for a family. With the schedule we had, nothing seemed to be consistent. It was great having dinner at whatever time we chose in the restaurants.

Cons: There is a difference in attitude with the workers when you compare freestyle dining to set dinner times on other cruises. They do not feel the need to display a

The freestyle dining is wonderful. The only drawback is the fact that you do not get to know the waitstaff as well as you would on a timed dining experience. And because of that, some of the waitstaff do not seem to care to be as friendly to you. There were a handful of exceptional workers who went above and beyond with a great smile.
The one show I saw was a music routine. It did not draw me back to see any other entertainment.
My 12 and 13 year olds had fun participating in the activities on the ship.
The room was small but it worked for us.
The ship is old but they keep it up very nicely. The running track was not what I would consider a "track". The fitness room took care of that with tread mills and other equipment.
The food was great. Always something to please everyone- whether you chose to eat in a restaurant or on deck.