Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruising is a Family Value!

Sail Date: August 09, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My wife and I hadn't cruised in 10 years. Now with 3 kids (our daughter is now 16, boys are 8 & 11), we were looking for a value which is what we got from this vacation. While the Majesty is the smallest ship in the NCL fleet, there was plenty to keep us all occupied. "Freestyle Cruising" allowed us to eat when we wanted and there were enough options so that it didn't become boring. The staff for the most part were very attentive and made our trip an enjoyable one.

Pros: All inclusive, "Freestyle Cruising" was appreicated

Cons: Childrens program on this ship was seriously lacking structure. Very nice ppl, and the kids seemed to like them, but not nearly what we expected.

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? Yes!

Very dissapointed. While the staff were very nice, the program lacked structure and seemed to be quite fractured. I was VERY dissapointed and quite frankly it took away a lot of the enjoyment of the cruise for my wife and I because our kids were always with us...the kids program did nothing to "capture" their attention.
Generally very good, with the Bistro serving suprisingly good food.
-I thought the 24 hour buffet on the aft deck lacked imagination and was rarely staffed well enough.
-While the big Chocolate buffet was a grand affair and some of the sculptures were impressive, too many of the desserts tasted old and frozen. I know they feed over a thousand ppl for this buffet but did EVERYTHING have to be frozen?
I thought the staterooms were a little on the small size. it would be appreciated it there were larger (taller?) dressers. there is no way that 4 ppl could fit all their belongings into the small amount of storage provided in the cabin we occupied.
Cruise director was "Smashing"!
The ship was layed out well and generally very clean. The ship was having trouble with the elevators while we were aboard which at times made it a hassle to get up and down.
Generally speaking the staff did an excellent job. However on one particular occasion communication was extremely frustrating. I also didn't appreciate the rudeness exhibited by the "Executive Sous Chef" when I tried to explain how much I enjoyed one particular dish I had just eaten for dinner.
St. George's, Bermuda
Ehh....I have been to many islands and Burmuda in general left us lukewarm