Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: August 01, 2008

STAY HOME!!!! We were so excited and pumped for the best trip ever!We have traveled all over the world, but never cruised. All of our frieds raved about how great it is. This ship was awful!! As one woman we met on the ship (and who had cruised for 15 + years) said, "This is the trash of all ships!"
Entertainment? What entertainment?Oh!Movie night? It was a big flat screen tv with chairs pulled up around it. Why not join for the Wii games.Seriously?People pay this much money for awesome activities and all they could provide was to play the Wii? They couln't think of anything more exciting? There was NO entertainment unless you were willing to pay for gambeling, drinks, $20 bingo cards, $50 pull tabs(you could get one worth $2,000.No one won $2,000 on our ship!) They just wanted to suck us dry of any money we had. Kareoke was a joke. One night the person over it did not have any slips with singers so he said we were just going to sit there until someone offered to sing. Great motivation!
The food was pizza, hamburgers, french fries, and cookies. The dinningroom food was okay but get there early or you are looking at a 1-2 hour wait. Room service took 1 1/2 the first day and when my 4 inch pizza arrived, it was hard and cold. The second day took 2 1/2 hours!
There was NOTHING FOR TEENAGERS! The teens just roamed the halls. They could not go in the disco if they were under 18. They were just laying all over the floor and halls with nothing to do!
You WILL be dissappointed if you go on this ship!I read the reviews prior and didn't think it could really be that bad. I was very opptimistic and was ready to have the time of my life. I was wrong!Please do not waste your hard earned money! You will be so unhappy with your cruise!I did not meet 1 person the entire cruise that liked it!You would have just as much fun in your own home!

Pros: Bermuda

Cons: Everything Else!!

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.

The ship is small,beat up and has the smallest pools ever.There were no lounge chairs around the pools. Just patio tables that people are eating at. I never ate at a clean table outside the entire cruise. The poolside furniture is nastey and old. it was like cheap picnic furniture!
We hit a bit aof a storm one night and the cieling at the reception desk was pouring water everywhere! It would leak out form the ceiling and hit the counter and then splash everywhere! The ceilings were leaking all over! It was a joke!
Did I mention how small it was?
My husband and I had an ocean view stateroom on the 8th deck. We are both very lean but we couldn't both stand in the room at the same time. There was not enough room. One of us would have to sit on the bed while the other got dressed or went to the bathroom. The top quilts were so dirty they were grey instead of white. Everything was SO old and beat up!
The comedian was great. Other than that there was only Kareoke and almost nobody went. We went everynight and it was the same 4 people singing every night. Bingo cost $20 a card. There was NOTHING else to do except drink. Everything closes by 1am. We were so bored!
We did not personally use the kids aea but people we met on the ship did not take their kids to it. Their children hated it.All thry do is put the kids in a room and have them watch movies!
The dining room was hit or miss. It all depended on who waited on us. The earlier you go the quicker you are seated. 5:30pm is a perfect time to eat dinner. Room service took 21/2 hours and all they serve is hamburgers, pizza,and deli sand. The breakfast buffett was so gross. The fruit bar was nice but other than that,it was all crap!
Our room stewart was very nice and kept our room clean. Everyone was was pretty friendly.