Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

all around dreadful experience

Sail Date: February 01, 2008

Some of the staff was friendly, but most of the management or staff in higher positions were uncooperative and condescending towards the guests. We missed a port due to the cruise line's failure to make arrangements with the port. No compensation was given to us. Two days were spent with the majority of the ship seasick due to the Captain sailing full speed in rough waters. The ship smelled like vomit and the staff did nothing to help the passengers, besides provide seasick bags in every elevator, stairwell, and bathroom.

Pros: getting off the ship

Cons: everything

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.

Most nights I could not sleep because I was afraid I would miss the call to abandon ship. I felt as though this ship was going to break in half at any given moment.
Inedible. The specialty restaurant was better than the others, but my meal still was not cooked. I went hungry most nights.
Staff was very unwilling to help for the most part. The bar staff was the exception, although they were working on commission the whole time. Again, the cabin stewards were helpful.
Some shows were decent,the rest left much to be desired for even a cruise ship. I felt as though most of the bands sounded unreheased. I'm pretty confident that any high school band could perform better than the musical entertainment. The comedian insisted on asking audience for jokes instead of telling his own.
The cabins were modest. Our stewards were very helpful and treated us very well.