Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Bad Experience

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

The ship apparently had mechanical problems and after being instructed by the Bermuda government to turn around and pick up a passenger from a sail boat who needed medical attention, we were delayed and experienced high winds and rough seas causing us to arrive 23 hours later than originally scheduled to Charleston. The freestyle approach is not a good one - you now have to wait in a line if you want to eat in one of the two main restaurants and those are only open at certain hours. Your other all day food option was the buffets which served the same food, I swear, every day or room service whos best meal was a box of wheaties. Switching to automatic gritutity, I feel, has been a hugh mistake, no longer do you get the wonderful service usually provided by crew staff, they already got their tip so why bother - and they didn't go out of their way at all. The excursions that we picked out from the brochure mailed to us with our tickets were no longer offered, and the one advertised as "the ultimate bermuda triangle" and descibed as funny 1) put me to sleep and 2) only involved a short explaination about the triangle - false advertising if you ask me.

Pros: kissing the ground upon arriving back in charleston SC

Cons: the food, the service, the excursions (or lack of), the rough ride in 27 ft waves, dirty dishes and napkins

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.

many carpets were stained
carpeting needed replacing
poor tasting food in buffets, very small selection in restaurants, waiting in lines was annoying, and I had a coffee cup that I picked up to use that was improperly cleaned as it still had lipstick on it and on two occasions silverware that was wrapped up in dirty napkins. Made me question the big push for hand sanitizing.
From the reception desk to the wait staff to the excursion personnel I was never treated with respect - many of them did not seem to understand english or simply did not listen effectively. The cruise director and staff were friendly however and the cabin crew was great at cleaning although not very friendly.
More could have been offered