Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Check-in surprise

Sail Date: June 10, 2007

I paid over $6000. for three couples to be mid-ship at the 4th deck level within close stateroom proximity. This was to acommodate one of the couples who were concerned about seasickness. After having everthing confirmed and waiting several months, the day arrived. When checking in on board we were told two of the couples were upgraded to the 8th deck near the back of the ship (one being the seasick concerned couple). The third couple remained in the original confirmed stateroom. They felt like second class citizens and relations were strained for a few days. The upgrading was nothing impressive and the couples affected would have preferred to have remained with their original confirmed rooms. I was never notified nor was it ever explained to me why or who made the changes.

Pros: fast service

Cons: Not getting what I paid for

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? Yes!

My upgraded stateroom had a hanging boat bottom as part of the sea view and on two occassions, crew members were outside the room window looking in as they proceeded to the boat for drills, inspection, whatever.