Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Huge disappointment

Sail Date: April 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Ship was outdated and in disrepair. Sloppy paint work, smell of sewer gas on the deck. Small rooms. Overcrowded. Children were bored to death. Absolutely worse than I could have every imaginged for our first cruise. Extremely disappointed!

Pros: Cozumel Dolphin Encounter...Kids loved it.

Cons: Poor food, no activities, general condition of ship. Nothing special!

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.

My kids were bored to death which made our experience miserable. There was absolutely nothing for them to do. Pool was too crowded. We played cards a lot. We could have done that at home and saved about $4K.
Pools were too small and overcrowded. Not enough seating around pools. Had to stand up and eat virtually everytime. Literally could not see out of the windows they were sooooooooo dirty.
I'm a big guy so I know about food. The buffet was boring and bland. The grille was usually cold and soaking in greasy water. And it took 45 minutes to an hour to get into the restaurant and 1 hour and 20 minutes to get out. Too long to keep children wrangled. Not as advertised....only one basic dining option available on this ship.
I found most everyone to be helpful and friendly. With only 1 memorable exception.
Old worn decor. Room too small. I hit my nose on the night stand the first night on the ship. It bled for an hour and had to wear a bandaide the rest of the week.
I felt they were amateurish at best. Sharkbait was good. Calypso band was mediocre. Played the same stuff over and over. Activities were horrible...napkin folding, trivia, vegetable carving, paper lei flower necklaces. Give me a break. If you didn't drink and party, you could play cards. Wow.