Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Rust Bucket

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

I took this cruise on Nov. 25 for 7 days. I took this same crusie two years ago. Two years ago the ship was "okay." It's an older ship and small by today's standards. I have cruised every year for eight years on five different cruise lines. In two years this ship has deteriorated beyond belief. This ship should be dry docked immediately.Rust is everywhere you look including everytime you turned your water on in your stateroom cabin. It always started out brown. One day the ship lost its air-conditioning for the entire day. Very hot and miserable. Another day on decks 10 and 11 (upper decks for dining & laying out) only one restroom was working for hundreds of people. The other two on those decks were out of order. This is the first time I have ever taken the time to write a review, but I would want someone to warn me to stay away from this ship.

Pros: The staff

Cons: Condition of the ship

Recommends Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED)? No.

This is the smallest stateroom of any cruise I have ever been on. Beds were okay, bedspreads and carpet very worn.
Small ship. Everything was clean but extremely worn. Public restrooms needed more attention than what they received. Had hand sanitizer at all food areas which was welcome to see. The entire ship was just so rusty.
Buffet was "okay" Dining room food was very good. Nice omlette staion and waffle station in the a.m.
Some shows were very amateurish. The hypnotist was good as well as the staff bartenders show.
The staff is the only bright star on this ship. I can't say enough about them. Friendly, outgoing, and willing to help in any way they can.