Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sun soaked, relaxing cruise

Sail Date: July 09, 2006

This was my second cruise with NCL. My first trip, in 1988, was horrible; I vowed never to cruise with NCL again. I am thrilled that I changed my mind and took a chance with NCL. I expected nothing and received excellence. My husband and I were waited on "hand and foot" by the staff of the Majesty--we wanted for nothing. We loved the Free Style dining, which operated like a well oiled machine. My only negative comment is the $10/passenger/day gratuity, but I understand why it is needed. I would rather have control on how it was distributed among the wait and steward staff.

Pros: Over-the-top service

Cons: Automatice gratuity

The ship is small, but appropriate for sailing from Boston to Bermuda. Although the ship is older, we found it clean and the decor pleasant.
The stateroom is small (108 sq ft), but it was expected. It suited our needs. The overall condition of the stateroom was good and our stewards made sure it remained clean and stocked with clean towels, beds turned down at night with delightful towel creations and chocolates left on pillows.
We loved the flexibility of free style dining--table for 2 and no assigned seating/time. The staff service stations in the middle of the dining areas were alarming at first, but we got used to it. Obviously, the close proximity of the station gave way to a more attentive staff and quicker service. Food quality and variety was great. Main dinner entrees were a bit small, but after adding 1-2 appetizers and dessert, it was more than enough.
I can't say enough about the staff of the Majesty. Ireneo and Lukman, our stewards, were the best. Every meal, we were served by different waitstaff that were attentive, consistent and professional. If the rapport between waitstaff & passengers does not click, passengers would not be stuck with the same waitstaff through whole cruise with Free Style dining. Only at the Captain's Galla was there a delay in seating. The staff's attentiveness made this cruise memorable and special for us. This is what sets cruising apart from any other mode of travel. Generous ratio of staff to passengers--great service on every level.
Adam Ace, comedian, was hilarious. I am still talking about his show. NCLs production company was awesome. Don't feel that this is a "party" ship, but the entertainment offered was more than enough for us. There was plenty to do through day or night, if you wanted to.
St. George's, Bermuda
Horseshoe Bay is a must see.