Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Boston to Bermuda Cruise was fun :)

Sail Date: June 18, 2006

The ship rode nice & some outer decks had special sections for the smoker crowd to which I am not thank goodness. The staff was hard working for the demanding Boston crowd. It was a party atmosphere from the beginning. Hey that is what vacation is for. They were very accomodating to the handicap folks which is a plus for those traveling with aged parents or handicapped person. I have seen other reviews of people complaining about this ship not being like the newer ones. My reply to them LOSE weight so you can get around!

Pros: The Food, The ship rode nice, the shows were decent.

Cons: drinks are pricey, No complementary drink per each adult, the only free beverage was Ice tea or water.

I have not been on other lines so I can't compare food. Our dinners were EXCELLENT. They had a selection of fish meat or pasta. You could get as many as you wanted. The Freestyle is a great idea. Some nights we sat alone & others we sat with other nice folks. You can get food 24hrs at some locations. the specialty resturants are nice if you don't want alot of people around you. We did the Pasta Bar & it was nice location but the food was no better than the main dining areas.
it has been 20 years since my last cruise & YES the entertainment is much better. The had a great mini orchestra, dance show, 2 comics.
They give a daily newspaper & make announcemnets to events.
OK the staterooms are smaller than new ships, I will agree there. But again we did not mind as we only slept & changed there. plus it helps that we are not really big folk.
The bed was comfortible & the houskeeping staff did a nice job.
Deck 8 is a great location 2 up to outer decks & 3 down to food,casinos.
The shower stall area did need more of a taller lip grade to contain the water from going over into the rest of the bathroom floor.
The ship was perfect size not too big to get anyplace. Some of the rugs were in need of updation. but that is no big deal.
sometimes a little overly nice or pushy with selling drinks. Otherwise a great bunch of folks.
St. George's, Bermuda
Small & quaint. We don't like crowds or big areas in general. The 3 resturants that you are given a voucher for are right near the ship. We went back onboard to eat (just our opinion) But maybe those 3 places were good. The vouchers are better used if you are at other locations on the island & can't get back. Tabacco bay is nice to see but is crowded, St Cathirine beach was more spread out. Both are a quick walk from boat. The other beaches that hardly had people or any services were on south side. Lets keep these a secret so they stay less crowded. We did the RUM SIGHT SWIZZLE eve tour. That was a real nice take with great sunset from the water vantage. The glass Kayak tour was fun thing to do. Make sure you have a sunny day to get the full potential. To me shopping is a waste of time but if you must bring back souveniers like T-shirts the prices drop at shops further away from the docks.