Norwegian Majesty (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

1 cruise and Im hooked

Sail Date: May 14, 2006

This was our first cruise and overall we loved it.We stayed at a trendy Hollywood hotel about 8 months ago.We payed top dollar for a tiny room not much bigger than the tiny room on the ship.We did not get one friendly smile from any employee in the whole building.But when we were on the ship we got so many smiles we couldnt help but to smile ourselves.No matter what kind of room you purchase every one gets treated with first class serivce.

Pros: Like getting treated with first class service

Cons: Sea sickness

The ship was the first one that we've been on and I was big enough for me,but I guess its considered pretty small.It is a older ship and there was a mix of old and new items.But maintanence was kept up with well.On the day we set sail there were guys that started to paint the boat and they told me that they just keep going around day after day year after year,
The room really wasnt that good the only thing was the maid service.It was nice to have the room cleaned twice a day,and the service was friendly but the room overall was old looking no matter how much they cleaned it.The bathroom tiles were old,the bed comforter was dirty formn age so we just kept it on the floor.But again the maid service was excellent.
The enternainment was average.We go to vegas every year so maybe my expectations wwere high but the musical production on the ship was performed well but it was all young adults singing older songs that just didnt fit them.But the comedian Bud Anderson and the comic magician were great.
The food we alot better than I expected for free large scale cooking.It was really good.The portions at dinner were alittle small but I was never refused when I asked for an extra appetizer, desseret and even entree.And I loved the idea of freesyle dinners because me and my wife are on different schedules day to day so we love the freedoom of leaving the boat and returning at our own times. I like the buffets but it was a little repetetive.And the midnight buffet was a little to much snack food but not enough heavy food.
Every employee on this ship is friendly.I like good service and I have not recieved better service than this staying in 5 star hotels.
St. George's, Bermuda
Becarful on the mopeds but they are worth it.And if you are new to it than stay off the roads in the eastern part of St. George's(they are tiny streets).I would recommend the mopeds though if you want the freedom like we do.We found some quite beaches this way.And horseshoe beach was our favorite and because of its location its not as busy as the other beaches.
Don't Miss: the crystal caves and snorkeling