We wanted "WOW" but left with just "OK"

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Norwegian Joy

5 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 12, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Joy

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 9372

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

We had been talking about a cruise for years and decided to give it a try and see if it was for us, it was not. We stayed in a Haven Aft suite and the room was spectacular, our Steward and Butler were wonderful and after a few days of dealing with the crowds we either stayed in our room or in the Haven proper exclusively. The crew in the Haven were mostly friendly, the crew we dealt with outside of the Haven seemed less than happy. We ate mostly in the Haven restaurant and it was good, not great but good. Cagney's was outstanding, La Cucina was just OK and the American Dinner for lunch was above average. Footloose was very entertaining and Elements was nice but not something that we would sit through again. Disembarkation will unfortunately be the last and most memorable part of our cruise and it is NOT a good memory. The complete lack of communication from the crew/officers to guests was amazing. My wife was pulled out of line, without explanation to her or myself and taken to guest services because NCL owed us $41 that apparently they are unable to credit back to our account like every other business is able to in 2020, who knew. This 30 minute delay along with the 1 1/2 hour delay before disembarkation started translated to missing our 1PM flight home and as I said, this will be the lasting memory of the cruise to me. To be honest, I just don't think we are cruise people, with or without the disembarkation problem. I'm glad we did it but were unlikely to do it again.

Embarkation