Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrific ship, fun cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2014

The boat was very clean. I was very happy with the service level of the staff and could recognize positively at least 5 members of the staff. I stayed in Cabin 5000 which is the most forward cabin on the starboard side. It is located partially under and adjacent to the Stardust theater. There is very little noise you can hear in the stateroom from the theater. Only at certain points when an ovation takes place by the crowd.

This room is also at the end of a hallway which means much less traffic walking by your room. It is also only about 8 rooms away from the FWD elevators so it can be convenient to get to

One downside is the ship noise you experience in this room. You will experience significant ship noise from what I believe to be both the bow thrusters and the anchoring system. The noise is only really prevalent when manuevering into port or preparing to anchor for the tendering ports. I truthfully didn't mind it too much as it was just part of the waking up process of port days.

If you're sensitive to noise\, it will probably make you angry as you'll experience it probably 7-8 times while on board.

Our state room stewardess was very kind and thoughtful. We acquired a large ice bucket (like the beer buckets come in) to chill some goodies we brought with us on the second night. Our stewardess Kay replenished the ice without prompting on subsequent nights.

Pros: The interary was good\, the premium restaurants were a good meal

Cons: My cabin had an excessive amount of what I can only describe as ship noise.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

Great food\, but a little more variation on the fruit offered from day to day would be an improvement.