Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Fun & Beautiful

Sail Date: May 01, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my 4th cruise\, but my first cruise with NCL. There wasn't anything 'bad' but there were some things that could have been better. Compared to other cruises I thought the staff wasn't as nice or as helpful as they could be. I didn't love the layout of the ship\, it would be nice for an Alaskan cruise to have some indoor swimming pools. Also\, our room was directly above the atrium and we put our baby to bed early and it was annoying to have the music and singing pounding though the floor.

Pros: The sights and natural wonders.

Cons: Our stateroom

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

It seems like they try to hide the main dining rooms and try to get you to pay for their specialty restaurants.
They needed more variety. The hypnotist did 2 shows\, the magician/comedian did 2 shows and the production staff did 2 shows.
There were some activities for 6 mo - 36 mo which was nice.