Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice but not relaxing

Sail Date: November 25, 2012

The ship is nice\, the staff is excellent. However\, when it came to eating on the ship there was much to be desired. Their buffet dining really didn't taste that good\, and the selection was poor\, with many choices needing to be refilled. I waited 10 minutes for a hamburger once\, because there wasn't anything else I wanted. And because there are no set times\, everyone tends to go in at the same time. It was so stressful trying to get and keep a table. I barely got to see my wife when we ate because one would have to save the table while the other got food.

Pros: The staff and the shows.

Cons: Food and the process of getting it.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

It was clean\, well decorated.
The food reminded me of what you would get in a diner\, except for the two $25 per person restaurants\, which were excellent. The \"freestyle\" eating as they call it meant that it was a free-for-all to get food. Eating meals was the most stressful part of the cruise.
It was small\, but that was expected for an inside stateroom.
Excellent staff.
There were some rather entertaining events.