Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

No fly cruise makes it convenient!

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

OUr first cruise\, other than 1 overnighter\, so it was a trial\, and it passed. NOthing is perfect\, but we enjoyed it\, the several days at sea made it easy to enjoy the boat and it's amenities and learn the ways of the ship. Leaving out of NYC and not having to fly made it so convenient\, especially the last day. Cannot imagine having to get off the ship\, then go to the airport and fly exhausting!! The food I would say is only fair to good\, since there are so many of the extra charge restaurants on board\, so if you don't like the basic restaurants and buffet\, you spend more $. Have heard about all those \"midnight buffets\" on cruises\, but they didn't have them\, and a few times my son had to order room service at night because he missed dinner playing at the kids' club. The kids had a great time...13 and 10\, so they can be hard to please!

Pros: ability to relax\, while kids were entertained in kids' clubs

Cons: too many \"nominal fee\" extras\, like the many \"specialty\" restaurants\, the soda costs\, game charges.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

as I said\, the food offerings are fair to good\, the steaks do lack flavor\, but again\, I think that's how they get you to pay extra for the \"specialty restaurants\". We didn't try any of those\, so cannot say if they were better.
had a \"mini suite\" sized room\, and was good for 4. Can't imagine being stuffed into a smaller room
all seemed very happy\, pleasant
we were a bit afraid it would be \"cheesy\" but the nightly shows were very good. The aerialists are absolutely amazing!! the hypnotist is incredibly funny...don't miss those two shows!!
my 13 and 10 year olds were very busy much of the time with activities and newly made friends. it was nice to be able to spend some time to relax and my husband and I got some time without the kids\, which was nice!