Fun in the Sun

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Sail Date: March 02, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

This cruise was a lot of fun.  One thing that stood out to me was The Cirque de Bejou, roughly translated into 'The Circus of the Jewels'.  It was essentially an acrobat/dancing show, and the announcer was exciting, and the costumes were fabulous.  There was a few seats at the front roped off, which at first I thought to be just reserved.... I figured out otherwise as the trapeze acrobats spun up and down the ropes just inches from those chairs, and not more than a few feet from me.  I could feel the rope swinging!

The ports of call were awesome, although due to extreme sunburn I didn't spend too much time on Costa Maya, the final stop.  Apparently applying sunblock every 3-4 hours was not enough, and I'll be armed with 110 SPF this next time coming up.

Honduras is absolutely gorgeous.  The people there all seem to be quite friendly, as they waved to us on our bus ride to the dock for snorkeling.  And the tree mountains!  You just simply have to see it to believe it... they are breathtaking, and photos simply do not do them justice.  You must see them!

It was great, although one waitress actually asked me to leave her a complimentary review... not in a rude way, though...just a bit weird.

Must see Cirque de Bejou!

No experience with the children's programs, since I wasn't traveling with a kiddo.

Kind