Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very Good Spring Break Cruise

Sail Date: March 23, 2014

Room Type: Suite

We had to choose a spring break cruise because my daughter teaches. Alabama and Arkansas schools were on break and we meet a lot of people from both states. Having my grown son and grown daughter traveling with me, we shared a Mini-Suite with Balcony that was set up with twin beds for my son and I and the full size sofa bed for my daughter. My daughter said that the privacy curtain separating the sleep areas not only gave privacy for dressing but it was also sound proof where she didn't hear us snoring. Free style dining was good. The two main dining room had similiar menus. The speciality dining rooms were good, but may not worth their additional costs. I compliment the Captain, Master Kenneth - when we arrived at Costa Maya, waves were breaking over the docks and he made the very good decision to not attempt to dock and set sail for New Orleans. The two days of sailing was a great time to relax and enjoy the ship. Because we were not able to dock at Costa Maya, Norwegian Cruise Lines refunded the cost of our shore excursions. This was my first cruise above a Norwegian Cruise Lines vessel and I was very impressed with the ship's operation, the cabins and the crew.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Had the best parking and disembarkment that i have ever experienced. Walk-off disembarkment is great.
Traveled to Tulum Mayan Ruins, very good tour and Angel was an excellent tour guide.
Belize City, Belize
The bus trip to Altun Ha ruins is challenging - very rough.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Walked into the city. Lots and lots of people offering to give you a tour or taxi ride. The islands appears to be very beautiful. Next time, will take a city tour of some type.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico Was not able to dock - waves breaking over the docks.

The Garden Cafe has a great breakfast and would recommend the French restaurant.