Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

good service, love cruising

Sail Date: November 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

I like these ships, the lays out are fine, no problems at all with finding my way around. Clean well maintained public areas. Presents a fun atmoshere.

Pros: Free style dining, views, specialty dining rooms

Cons: while good, service not same quality as the Pearl, difficulty communicating with food specialist for gluten free diet in main dining rooms

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

This varied greatly for me. Specialty dining was a pleasure. However I am gluten intolerant and could NOT communicate with main dinig room personnel. Once was handed off 6 times because no one wanted to take responsibility. The diet specialist was very difficult to communicate with when trying to pre-order.
Loved, loved, loved the suites.
Personnel very attentive, but difficulty in follow thru when there was an issue. Again, tendency to hand off the problem. Very polite.
Outstanding service in La Cucina restaurant. Manager and server Caroline went above and beyond to help us, went there 2x's because of this.Wish I could reward them better.
We like the bands scattered around,