Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Great Cruise

Sail Date: July 21, 2012

First let me say I absolutely love NCL . I love free style cruising and being able to eat when I want and do what I want when I want.

The Jewel is a beautiful ship and the staff was always very friendly and helpful.

Places to eat: Free options
Tsar's Palace Main Restaurant: My husband and I loved this restaurant because there was never a wait. The staff was accommodating anything you want you get it. Any special request they took care of it. It is a intimate dining experience .

Azura Main Restaurant: We had breakfast in this restaurant a few times instead of going to the Garden Cafe. We did dinner here once but preferred Tsar's because it is smaller and less noisy at dinner.

Garden Cafe: It is really busy here, the food options here are endless. We ate lunch here or The Great Outdoors Depending when you go it's hard to find a table.

Blue Lagoon: This was our late nite spot, they have the best buffalo wings. They also had a great assortment of desserts.

We did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants.

Shore Excursions:

They have great options in all the ports we were in.

Orlando:
Kennedy Space Center Closeup: This was well worth it. You get an in depth tour and you get to see things behind the scenes. My husband really loved this tour.

Universal Studios: Our friends and their kids did this tour and loved it. This tour took the whole day. If you've never been here it's a great option.

Cool thing about this port is you can catch a shuttle bus which goes to the local mall. We saw a lot of passengers when we came back from our tour who said the bus was cheap and all the stores had great prices. Some people went to Walmart and bought water, soda for their cabins.

Great Strip Cay: Private Island

My advice is to get off the ship as early as you can, our mistake was we took our time getting off the ship. When we got to the island it was really crowded, all the beach chairs were taken and it was hard to find a spot to lay your towel down. I spent most of the time in a picnic area which was shaded. The food was OK, we went back to the ship and enjoyed the pool. Most of the time it's hard to find a lounge chair near the pool so while everyone is out in the port it's a great time to enjoy the pool area.

Nassau: We got off the ship and explored Nassau on our own. Great shops all in walking distance. We stop by a local bar and had Conch Fritters and Bahamian Beers. We also found great prices on liquor to bring back home. Of course you know when you return to the ship they take your liquor and you get it back the last night of the cruise.

Entertainment:
The Comedian was kind of corny. They have great music acts that perform all day throughout the ship. Karaoke was always cool. The White Hot Party was fun. The only thing I didn't like was too many young people in the clubs at night. I think if your 18 you are allowed in the club. The music was OK.

We love NCL and look forward to doing The Breakaway or The Epic in 2014