Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

We cruised with our 5...

Sail Date: November 05, 2011

We cruised with our 5 year old and 16 month old. Our 5 year old remembered our last cruise we took with NCL when she was 2 1/2 and she had a blast. Our 16 month old (who usually goes with the flow is very happy) was miserable for the first few days so I wouldn#39;t travel with kids under 2 if you have the choice. As another posted, inside cabins are TINY! We barely had room to turn around. Our stewardess was very nice...although they were required to come in daily and we#39;d rather them not. I thought it was strange we didn#39;t have the option to say no thank you. We ate at the Garden Buffet almost every meal as it was easiest with kids. The food was about the same each day and was mediocre. I was very sick of it by the end. I did appreciate being able to get soft-serve ice cream any time I liked. The staff there was cordial...not overly friendly but not rude. The pool area was nice. Always crowded, but I expected that. The baby pool is tiny. My only complaint with this area is that the floor is incredibibly slippery when wet (which was all the time). The kids club was great. They advertise an Under2Zoo where parents can take their children under 2 for play time...this was pathetic. It was a conference room with a handful of crappy toys. My daughter didn#39;t play with any of the toys so we didn#39;t utilize this for the most part. I think Port Canaveral should be eliminated as a stopping point because I#39;d say about 90% of the people stayed on the boat. We didn#39;t get to Great Stirrup Cay due to rough waters. Nassau was great, I wish they could#39;ve stayed in port a little longer to give us more of a day there, but it was fine.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

TINY, but clean
Food wasn't great...not bad, but not great
Cirque de Bijiou was awesome!
Room steward was aweome, rest of staff was OK
Destinations and Excursions Port Canaveral was a waste of a day. Didn't make it to Great Stirrup Cay so can't comment on that