Not my favorite cruise experience

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 07, 2012
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
Open areas of ship were attractive and conducive to enjoying evening performers.

I was surprised with 3-course meals and quality in MDR. It did not seem to be that special dining experience unless we ate in specialty restaurants. At breakfast buffet\, the fresh juice bar was nonexistent. I asked and I was told that juicer was broken. Another traveler told me that there had been no fresh juice the whole week.

I enjoyed the BOTR show. I did not go to other shows.

When I asked about Fresh Juice Bar for breakfast buffet\, staff personnel had told someone and asked me what was my concern. I was told that it was broken which I found not satisfactory when I later was told that there had not been fresh juice in buffet the whole week.

Ship was easy to get around with ship layouts conveniently throughout the ship. The decor in hallways of staterooms seemed overwhelming considering the cramped feeling of hallways.

Size of balcony stateroom seemed cramped/smaller than on other cruise lines I have traveled. I liked the arrangement of bathroom with separation of toilet area from sink and shower.

Pros: How can you not like/enjoy Alaska cruise? It was beautiful.

Cons: The food.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.