Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

What I expected

Sail Date: July 01, 2012

Likes:
1) The shows were entertaining. Not quite vegas good, but butter than average.
2) Free-style dining. I liked eating whenever I wanted and I liked the 24 hour \"Blue Lagoon\" restaurant. It had great buffalo wings.
3) Shuffle board.
4) Game room - it was always full!
5) Beautiful view of a glacier

Dislikes:
1) There are other dining options that you have to pay for.
2) There was not enough quiet lounge space. If it was raining or windy, you have to be inside. The best place was the \"Spinnaker Lounge\", but during the day there were always events like Bingo, activities for kids, etc., so it was too loud to just take a nap. There were plenty of other venues for them to use, but for some reason this room was always used.
3) The emergency protocol wasn't thorough. They showed us how to find and put on our life vest, but not where I was supposed to meet in case of an emergency.

General:
The food was vegas-buffet quality - good. The sit-down places for meals were better than the buffet but not gourmet. For example, the first night I ordered the lobster and fish, and both were over-cooked.

Ketchikan - nothing to really do here except buy jewelry.

Juneau - awesome place! Canoeing to Lake Mendenhall was the best. We got really close to the glacier and poked at icebergs!

Skagway - easy to access trails right off the ship. No need to book an excursion if you just want to hike (anywhere from 2-14 miles).

Victoria BC - go to fisherman's wharf where you can feed a sea lion and get shuck for a buck!

Pros: Free-style dining

Cons: Not enough quiet space to just lounge

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

Be sure you familiarize yourself with what floors connect the whole ship. There are shortcuts through the staterooms on floors 8 and 11.
I wish they had more variety of hot sauces for Asian cuisines. Tabasco is hard to come by.
Very tight space\, but very comfortable bed. Only has shampoo and body wash\, so bring other amenities.
Shows were generally good.
Bingo is a rip off. You pay $40-70 to play 3 rounds\, and the prizes ranged from $100-$500 (despite over 100 people playing per session).