Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Fantastic experience

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

Wheelchair accessibility was great. A few of the smaller areas and some added ramps were difficult, but there was always someone willing to help me get anywhere I desired. The ship was clean and well maintained. Unlike a lot of travel experiences I found the Jewel to be super accomodating for my wheelchair. The debarkation process could be improved if they told wheelchair users which point was set up for them, especially when they had an area that only had stairs.

Pros: Handicap accessibility

Cons: Debarkation issues for wheelchairs

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

The ship was always clean, public areas for the most part were easily accessible.
The food was good and more than adequate. Portions in the dining rooms were controlled and that was great. For the larger appetite there were the buffets which had a nice variety of options. Freestyle dining was perfect for our family traveling together. Made it easy for us to eat together.
I was in a handicap room obviously designed for the use of a wheelchair, but had features for other limitations too, such as hearing impaired. Even the bathroom was easy to navigate and everything was in reach. One of the best facilities I've ever encountered in nearly 20 years of wheelchair use.
Most of the entertainment on this cruise was done by the ships staff. It was enjoyable and fun.
Everyone on the staff was pleasant, always smiling and always greeting us in a way that made you feel welcomed. Whenever I entered an area, or even thought I needed help someone was right there offering before I had to ask. They are well trained to help the handicap. Now if the passengers would only recognize that many of the set aside spots were needed for us, instead of them taking those, it would be even better. But, the ships staff could not have been more accomodating.