Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Fair value. Bottom tier experience.

Sail Date: May 15, 2012

First off, let me tell you what I paid for my cruise. I paid $199/person for a 4 night cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver. I booked this cruise because I had some work to do in Vancouver and the cruise was cheaper than an airline flight.

For the price I paid, I got a good value for my cruise. Compared to my other cruising experiences, this was by far the worst.

Food: The food was fair. The buffet food was a 2 out of 5 stars but the main dining food was a 3.5/5. Nothing was worth writing home about, but it was not terrible by any means. Other cruises I have been on rated a 3 for buffet food and a 4 for seated dining. This was the lowest quality food that I have had a on a cruise for sure. But it was still a fair (I wont say good) quality for the money.

Service: The service was below average compared to other cruises but above average compared to what you would expect for a$50/night hotel.

Staterooms: The staterooms were smaller than any other budget stateroom that I have ever stayed in. That being said, for only $50/night I can't say that I was terribly disappointed.

Entertainment: This gets the lowest rating of all. The entertainment on this ship ranked somewhere between a high school varsity and college b team entertainment staff. The choreography was terrible, the dancing was not in sync and the music was, to put it lightly, an epic fail. Norwegian should be embarrassed to employ then entertainers that were on board, most would have trouble booking free shows on land. Just terrible. The singers were bad, the dancers were bad, the choreography was bad. The one exception was the airiel/acrobatic duo called Duo Elegia, this couple was simply amazing. I cant even put into words how impressive they were and I would suggest doing an internet search, but that probably would not do them justice.

All in all, I woul give this cruise two stars out of five. Everything on the cruise was below average compared to previous cruising experiences, but again, the cost was only $199/person, so I still feel like I got my moneys worth.

If you are ballin' on a budget, this would be an OK cruise option (although i still might recommend paying a few extra dollars to "step up" to a Carnival cruise (or any other option that is comparable in price). If you are looking for a luxury experience DO NOT choose the Norwegian Jewel.

Pros: Fair value for the money.

Cons: Bottom tier cruise experience.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.