Best Cruise Ever!!!

Norwegian Jewel

Sail Date: April 01, 2012

Ship: Norwegian Jewel

Review Summary

This was my 2nd Norwegian cruise. My first was the Norwegian Spirit with the same itinerary 4 years earlier. Last August I was on a Celebrity cruise which I thought could not be topped. Norwegian did just that with my Jewel cruise. Our balcony cabin was top notch, the steward was more than accommodating, the itinerary was fun, the food was consistently excellent, the entertainment and onboard activities were great, and it didn't hurt that we had perfect weather each day. Out of 6 previous cruises on Celebrity, Norwegian, and Carnival, this was by far my best cruise ever! I highly recommended the Norwegian Jewel and its wonderful staff!

Ship Experiences

I thought freestyle dining would cause the staff to cut corners on both food quality and/or service. This was not the case, the food was outstanding and the service could not be better. KUDOS to the Jewel team!

Growing up in NJ near the city, I have seen many good, and bad NYC broadway and off-broadway shows. While the Norwegian Jewel will likely not receive a Tony anytime soon for its onboard entertainment, it is honestly good entertainment for all ages. They do a great job trying to appeal to everyone.

Honestly top notch in every way. The Jewel even acknowledged 2 staffers at one of the entertainment shows who were retiring after 30 years of service. I spoke to many different staff members and they honestly seem to like working for Norwegian. Being in human resources, I can smell BS a mile away, but these people genuinely seemed to like working for this cruise line.

Honestly, there was not ever a time in our week long cruise that the Jewel staff was not cleaning common areas or the food preparation areas...very reassuring

When you take a cruise, you know in the back of your mind that the cabin is not going to be huge unless you're a Guggenheim or and Astor (we all know how that worked out), but the Jewel makes good use of the limited cabin space. Our cabin's bathroom was even compartmentalized with sliding glass doors so that the toilet is separated from the sink area which is separated from the shower area...good design and use of limited space.

Pros: The Norwegian Jewel is a beautiful ship and the staff was unbelievably attentive

Cons: Believe it or not, the New York/New Jersey passengers are the worst thing about this cruise...no wonder we have a horrible reputation around the country and the world.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!