Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointed at best

Sail Date: March 24, 2012

This was my 2nd cruise, 1st trip with Norwegian and I was disappointed. We booked a suite with a balcony and the room that was pictured online was definately an upgraded suite. It was absolutely tiny! It was described online as able to fit 4 - what a joke it was just my husband and I and if we had brought the kids there would have no room at all. No flat screen but a tiny 13" tv in the corner. Our room was full of hair (someone else's) when we arrived. Angel our housekeeper was nice enough but no extras at all- never any ice, no hand towels etc. We only received a towel animal one night out of seven. The food in Tsars restauarnt was decent enough - but I had booked 5 of the speciality rests. Mama's Italian rest was undercooked and the spinach was so salty I spit it out. At Chin Chin it was bad enough for me to exclaim out loud THIS IS AWFUL!! (much to my embarassment) Cagneys was the only rest that listened to us when we asked for no salt but the other rests we could actually see the salt on the food even though we asked for none. Roberto from the Topsider bar at the pool was charming and the only one there quick to serve. If the weather had been bad I would have given this cruise NO stars! I guess you get what pay for but had I known I would have definately spent a tad bit more money and gotten something better.

Pros: The pool

Cons: The food was not up to par at all

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

Don't waste your money for the speciality rest... incredibly unsatisfactory
No central open area
Not trained overall to be nice