Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Experience

Sail Date: February 04, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

The ship itself was clean, beautiful and impressive.

Pros: Our Cabin!

Cons: The breakfast buffet

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

The decor was nice, all areas were clean and public areas were easily accessible. There were plenty of hand sanitizer dispensers around as well.
The food overall was great. The breakfast buffet, while the food was ok, the layout and seating were terrible. I found myself wandering around with a plate of cold food with nowhere to sit. I refused to go back there for breakfast. Because we had a suite, we had access to a private buffet and dining for breakfast, which we chose over the stampede in the buffet. All of the specialty restaurants were excellent as well as the main dining rooms. We liked Azura over Tsars.
Our room was PERFECT for our famly of four. We had a 2-bedroom family suite and couldn't be more pleased. Deck 11, Ruby Suite.
All staff members provided top-notch service. They were friendly and helpful. The kids liked the "washy-washy, happy-happy" girls! They stood outside the restaurants and sprayed the kids hands with sanitizers singing washy-washy/happy-happy.
We only went to Slime Time Live with the kids, but I was laughing out loud and loving it! The Nickelodeon crew was amazing. We met Dora, Diego and Sponge Bob.
We have a 10 year old and 4 year old, and the Kids Club was great for both of them. My 10 year old made friends immediately and we rarely saw him each day because he was so busy with his new friends. My 4 year old went twice and liked it but would rather be with us as it got closer to his bedtime. Be careful in the arcade - one of the machines says $1.50 per play, but it also charged for your time. We gave my son permission to play $20 worth in the arcade, but in reality he was charged $40 after his time was added in. He was lucky, his other friends got hit with close to $100. tabs.