Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Great Getaway!

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

The Norwegian Jewel is a magnificant ship! It's pristine clean, the housekeeping staff and stewards are professional, courteous and friendly all of the time. The accommodations were fabulous and the service they provided to us was second to none of any vacation I have ever had. My parents are elderly and they were able to go to all of the destinations on and off the ship without a hitch. I sailed on the Norwegian Gem last February, and it was the same thing there. The Norwegian cruise line is the one to know, and I will be taking another cruise real soon, as I booked it before I got off the ship!

Pros: The Ports of Call

Cons: The days at sea

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

Every single steward, housekeeping, waiter/waitress that we encountered went "above and beyond"! My Dad had a medical emergency on the ship and God Bless that medical crew, because within a single minute's time, they were in his cabin giving him oxygen and saving his life! They stabilized him and got him into the medical unit and gave him a nebulizing treatment, took check x-rays, gave him medicine to take back and even checked on him later on. Other people that were on our deck said they saw the medical team "running" up the stairs and down the hall to my Dad's room. I know it is their job, but thank God they were there for us and responded so quickly!
The entertainment was great and the schedule of the shows were cohesive and well explained in the Daily Bulletin and in the announcements. The couple that were contorsionists was probably the highlight of all the entertainment, but the magician and the comedians were really entertaining and funny too!
The ship size was magnificant, easy to get around, all areas of the ship was clean and tastefully done. Very accessible for anyone with any disability to get around easily.
Norwegian had Freestyle Cruising, which was nice because you could eat whenever you wanted, wherever you wanted. The buffet was always delicious and other restaurants served different foods but all were good and satisfying.
My room was on the 5th deck, it had a picture window, it was clean and was a very decent size for a cabin on a ship. I was a little forward, and it was a little bumpy at times, but overall was very pleasant and comfortable.