Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

New York Cruise on the Norwegian Jewel

Sail Date: December 17, 2011

We just returned from a cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. The ship was excellent. I loved the showers in the bathroom! The new shower doors kept the floor from getting wet and the exhaust system in the bathroom was the best on any ship we have sailed on yet! I have had better food but it was still good. There were many different choices of food in the buffet; Asian, Indian, fruit bars, and a beautiful salad bar. The deserts were mediocre. We ate serveral times in The Blue Lagoon. It is a small sit down restaurant that you don't have to pay extra to eat there and the food caters more to children. Our grandson loved going there for lunch. The staff of the ship was very helpful. Our room steward was excellent. The entertainment was great as was the entertainment staff. The shows in the Stardust theatre were excellent every night! I would sail on this ship again just for that. I am an old school cruiser that likes the formality of the dining experience. I am not real fond of having a different wait staff each night. I feel the level of service wasn't as good as when they know their tips depend on how they treat their guests. The positives on this cruise outweigh the negatives.

Pros: The entertainment staff was wonderful as was the entertainment.

Cons: There were a lot of other rude and loud cruisers on board who had no control of their small children.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

There were too many "paid" options that were too expensive. We can purchase a meal for both of us for the cover price in most of the restaurants. The other passengers at the buffet were extremely rude!
We had our grandson with us and when his bed was turned down we could not get to our balcony unless we crawled over his bed. The door was completely blocked by furniture. The pillow and mattress was very uncomfortable.
Our stateroom steward was extremely friendly and helpful.
The only downside to the activities was you didn't have time to get from one to another without being late and not being able to find a good seat.