Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The Cruise was OK

Sail Date: December 10, 2011

Room Type: Suite

The good aspects: The ship was nice, the room service was great, the games were the best and I never laughed so hard and that was great fun. You should attend all the games, I promise you will enjoy! The open times for dining was nice and provided flexibility. The band "Next Stage" was the best ever. I have been on several cruises and this band is defintely great and you can enjoy 70's, 80"s Beatles, Rock, etc.

The not so good aspects: When you book your cruise, they are a variety of eating areas and the dining rooms and the upper buffet are included in the crusie cost. The other areas are an additional cost. Please be aware of that when you book your cruise. We ate in all the areas included in the cruise and then ended up trying the steakhouse. The food at the steakhouse was great and the best ever. The food in the dining and buffet areas was "OK" I would not say it is bad but nearly not as good as I have experienced on other cruise lines in the same type of areas. The main dining areas serve the same meal each night which I found to be boring, I wish that they would have had more of variety in the dining areas throughout the week. It almost seems like they purposeful tier down the food to encourage all to attend the paying areas. The entertainment staff was very nice, although I noticed that the guys on the staff were more interactive with the guest than the gals on the staff. We had several of the guys take the time to speak with us and ask general questions. The shows as compared to other cruise lines were not as nice and elegant, but I would not say they were horrible. The Karoke bar was subpar, the selection of songs was weak and disappointing. As far as the DJ in the Spinnake Lounge, he was the worst that I have ever seen. He played only current songs and he did not care that everyone of the crusie was not 20 years old. There is also a huge mix of nations on the ship and also didn't seem to care that all his song selections was centered around one culture. I sat there for an hour hoping for a song that I would know and only knew the Lady Gaga song. We were most disappointed in the in the songs for the first hour of the "white hot party" and we ended up leaving.

Pros: Flexible times for dining and entertainment

Cons: The shows, food and DJ

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

This is average due to the food in the main dining was not great as compared to my other 5 cruises that I have been on. The food in the speciality areas ($$) was great