Average cruise

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 12, 2011
Cabin Type: Suite
This was our second cruise with NCL...first we went on NCL GEM and now on NCL Jewel....compare to GEM, Jewel had signs of being old and worn out. NCL staff was amazing as usual, checking-in process was very easy. Big highlight of NCL Jewel was the Nick Jr. characters...my son and daughter had a blast with SpongeBob, Patrick, Dora, Diego and Fanboy & Chum Chum ... I only wish if kids can get more time to interact with characters...all the events were rush-rush...you feel like you really didn't meet them. We went on the 'Breakfast with characters' ... paid extra...but again, it was a super rush event and only got one picture with all the characters...which I could have gotten at 'meet and greet' events (at no additional charge). There were plenty of fun kids activities on-board which we loved.

We are really disappointed with food...both dining halls had same menu everyday

Entertainment was AMAZING.

Kids activities were very good/fun.

Staff was very friendly and willing to help.

We went on NCL GEM last year and compare to that Jewel looked worn out.

Last year, we went on private island on NCL GEM and we had more fun than this time around because everything was scattered around this time around. Last year, my son went on Hippo slide and I was playing volleyball right next to him and keeping an eye on him....this year, Hippo slide was in one corner and volleyball was on another corner.....and no other activities around Hippo slide... so, I ended up just waiting for my son while he was on slide.....very poor planning.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the Hippo Slide and going into warm water.
Bahamas is really nice but NCL stays only few hrs in Bahamas. I wish NCL stays 2 days (one night) at Bahamas so everyone has enough time to shop and visit Atlantis....During shopping, all I was thinking was to be back in the ship on-time so I am not left behind.....
Don't Miss: Don't miss Atlantis and Jewelry shopping in Bahamas

Pros: Nick Jr. characters

Cons: Same food choice in Main dining halls every night

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!