Nice Vacation

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 30, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
The Norwegian Jewel was a nice experience and we enjoyed our cruise. The service left a little to be desired based on other cruises we have been on. I probably would cruise with Norwegian again however. I think the lack of service was random on our part. We went 3-4 days where I had to call to ask for towels. We had two cabins and I think the stewards just got confused. We received no ice two of the days. We had water on the floor the first night and it took 3 phone calls to correct. The private dining experiences (extra cost) were much better service and environment than the buffet. Too many screaming kids. They need to have an "adult only" dining area. Why parents would bring small children into bar areas at night and allow them to scream constantly amazed me. Room service took 40 minutes.

Cant expect much for buffet food - good selection of options. Private dining were great in Cagney's (definitely would do that one at least twice but $25 per person) and Tsars is better than Azure. Mama Mia's Italian was just average. Tangos for mexican was good.

Enjoyed varity shows, Dan the Man cruise director - great personality. Great comedian and magician. Need more poor side activities.

I had no one go above and beyond. Thought the service was average although everyone was very nice no one went out of their way to ask if I needed help or had questions.

Clean

very small but you don't spend time in your cabin except to sleep. If you have small children or younger children would go with a larger cabin since you would spend more time in the cabin. Not necessary to pay for a large cabin.
Spend just a few hours shopping. Didn't want to spend the money to go to Atlantis or the Cable Beach.
was hot and excursions were expensive. Went to Cocoa Beach to meet friends. If friends weren't there probably wouldn't have enjoyed the port.
This was the best part of the vacation. Nice private beach area.

Pros: Private Beach time

Cons: Service needs some help

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!