Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: June 11, 2011

This was my second cruise, and I will say that it was far better than the first one, which was on a different cruiseline. I would definitely recommend Norwegian. Crew and staff were great, food was wonderful and the entertainment thoroughly enjoyable. I traveled with my son, and we went to the main shows every night, and I can say I was not disappointed by any of them. The only complaint I might have was that the tendering to the island took longer than expected.

Our room was great, and I loved my oceanview window and where it was located so much, that I would ask for it again. I will never travel on an inside cabin again!!

Pros: Freestyle Dining and Staff

Cons: Wish pools were bigger...

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

My son signed up the first day for the teen center, and I barely saw him after that. He met several new friends and they plan to stay in touch. Have no complaints about the staff for the kids. My son liked all of them.
Loved the freestyle dining and being able to go to dinner whenever we wanted, which was always in time to see the main show (this was a problem with the late seating we had on a prior cruise - not Norwegian).
Beds were comfy, room was clean and bright, and I never felt like we were cramped.
Captain and crew were always available if you had any questions.
The entertainment cruise director did a fantastic job. Last show of the trip was a skit by the staff and director that was absolutely hysterical. Could not imagine taking any other vacation and having the amount or quality of entertainment available as we had on this cruise!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Beach is small and crowded - food lines at the buffet, but the food was good. I think they have the best burgers I have ever had. I did the jetski tour, and it was worth it. The water is beautiful.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We just went to the beach, and it was okay. The best part of this port was I could use my phone to get messages and check emails without charge! I am self-employed and being without my phone is difficult on a long cruise.
Took the Sailfish catamaran and snorkel tour. I would recommend this. We did see quite a few fish. I would say that you need to pay attention to how far the walk is to the tour from the ship. Also, if the catamaran had been less crowded, that would have been better. But, overall, a good experience.