Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best Vacation Ever!!!

Sail Date: May 01, 2011

This was m first trip with Norwegian.I can honestly say I have sailed wih other companies before, and Norwegian is by far one of the best. I left from NY harbor to go on a 9 day trip to San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten and Tortola... I am from Long Island so it was a treat to just take the train into Manhattan and be on a boat!!!The Norwegian Jewel is , as the name says, a "jewel" Just refurbished in 2011, th eship is clean, neat and extremely organized. Make sure to take advantage of the shows at the stardust theater at night!! They are top notch!!! I will definitely be back again!! Planning a trip to Bermuda next year!!!! Enjoy everyoone! You will love it!!!

Pros: Free stayle cruising- friendliness of staff- going out of their way to make your stay mnorable!!

Cons: none really!!!

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

I was in a inide state room, a bit small but well decorated. Next time get a oceanview with picture windows..worth the extra $200 !!!
Staff is constantly cleaning!! Say hi to The "Happy Happy- Washy Washy "girs!!!!!
The restaurant that are included with your cruise are EXCLLENT!!!! f you want a mor eformal dining exerience go to the Czar Palace, if u crave more of a Manhattan, hip, trendy athmosphere, go to Azura .....WOW!!!!
What can I Say! They r the best!!!
Stardust theater is a must see!!!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Go see El Morro.U can honestly just walk around and check out shops.. I wuldnt waste time on a tour here.
Don't Miss: El Morro and Os San Juan
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
French side better than dutch side
Don't Miss: Emeralb bay, walk around the french side of the island
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
OMG!!! Soo pretty. Hate to say it, but do not waste ur money on the tours with the ship. I got the same tour from the tour guides/taxis on the pier once you dock for a third of the price.. make sure to negotiate with them, do not pay full price!! LOL!!! Visit Magens bay one of the top 10 beaches in th eworls.. but have your driver drop u off at EMRALD BEACH ( where the locals go). Is almost empty and u get a nice umbrella and 2 chairs for FREE!!! Water is spectacular!!!
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Optional: Add a comment only have 4 hours at this port. Istrgly recommed to do a tour with Norwegian here, as if u are late THEY WILL WAIT FOR YOU!!! If you went with an indepedent tour, and u are late, U are SOL!!!!
Don't Miss: Jost Van Dyke island !!!! Paradise found!! do not miss it!!!!