Great Cruise!!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 03, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
When booking the cruise I knew the Jewel was an older ship, but you would never be able to tell when on board. Every crew member that I interacted with was helpful and friendly and catered to all my needs.

I've been on cruises before and the Jewel definitely had the best food I have had on vacation. The freestyle dining is great, having the option to eat whenever you want and not base your schedule around dinner is perfect. We went to a specialty restaurant one night and that too had very good food and a large menu to choose from. We didn't make a reservation and were seated right away.

I really like how the main show of the night had two showtimes. It was good to decided what else we wanted to do that evening. The main shows were absolutely fantastic. The other events that went on were also a lot of fun. A very good variety and a lot of options for people of all different ages.

To our room stewards to the waiters and waitresses at dinner everyone went above and beyond to get us do anything we wanted!

It was a little confusing the first day or so remember where certain places where on the ship, but every elevator has a map so you know what floor certain places are. The whole ship was kept very clean, crew members were always around cleaning up.

The size of our stateroom was what I expected. Good size for the two of us traveling. The bathroom was a bit small. Our stewards kept it very clean and accommodated us for everything we requested. A con with our state room is we requested a room with a window and when we are arrived our room had a very small porthole. On the floor we were on only about 5 rooms had these small windows, the rest were large, which we expected we would have had. I wish all of the windows were the same.
We did an Airboat ride. Although it was a little rainy we didn't get to see many alligators but the ride was a lot of fun and informative. An animal rescue group also gave a presentation after and had animals for us to see.
A perfect day at a beach! Plenty of seating and the water was never crowded because it was a large enough beach area.
Snorkeling adventure was a ton of fun. Brought us to a good reef. Wasn't too crowded either so we had room to swim. The strip of little markets and people selling things were also a must go to. Very fun port.

Pros: the entertainment was amazing

Cons: it was very hard to find seats by the pools!

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!