An interesting and fun time

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 20, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
My overall experience was positive. The ship was very clean and our stewart was excellent. The food was ample and we never went hungry. The entertainment was very good... The CrazeeHorse was breathtaking and worth the price of the cruise. I felt that the constant selling of things was a bit much. I spent more on excursions than the cruise it self. I would rate the food a five out of ten, as everything started tasting exactly the same. The upselling to eat better food resulted in nothing more than the same quality, but maybe a free drink. I am pretty sure that I would not cruise again. If I was interested in booking a family vacation where I wanted to escape for a while, this cruise would be perfect.

Plenty to eat, lots of variety, a range of dining experiences... We had one meal where the food quality was abismal. Much of the food tasted the same. Often the dining area was too crowded and seating was difficult to find. If quantity over quality was your game... then this would have been wonderful.

Crazee Horse was spectacular! May have been one of the most amazing things I've seen. The shows at the theatre were very entertaining and were something to look forward to.

The washy washy lady at the buffet and our stewart were memorable. They made it fun and are two people we will remember for a long time. Other than the staff in the towel exchange, everyone was service with a smile and always as accomodating as possible!

The public bathrooms were not always spotless, but the rest of the ship was exceptionally clean and in top shape. The layout was good and the decor was at times elegant.

We paid for a small room and got a small room. It was clean and well maintained. Except for a minor snafu when we first arrived I would consider it top notch. We did not expect to spend time on our cabin and our strategy paid off... Our stewart was a highlight. He knew our names and kept the room in excellent shape.
We did the deep water Dolphin swim at the Atlantis. It was way to expensive and to short, but my daughter loved it. The timing was bad as we missed out on seeing Nassau. I felt rushed the whole day and felt like we accomplished nothing. at about half price the Dolphin swim would have been a winner in my book!
We rented the snorkling equipment. This allowed us to leave on the first Tender. I highly recommend you do this as it gave you a chance at the umbrellas or shaded seating. The food was fun and the shopping... well it was a bit shetchy... I was actually afraid of some of the vendors. It was a relaxing time. Be prepared for drunk and loud people as they seemed to surround the beaches at times.
We chose the Disney excursion. It was a blast as Disney always is. I wished we had more time, but who wouldnt?

Pros: The entertainment

Cons: how much I felt like I was checking my wallet

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!