Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Another fun family cruise

Sail Date: August 28, 2010

Room Type: Suite

Overall, the cruise was great. The food was very good and always available. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The ship and room were very comfortable. The only negatives were that our cabin was directly below the kids club, so the noise level was a little annoying and that some of the extras (Princess Spa Party) were more expensive than it should be and was not quite what was described beforehand.

Pros: The food and the shows

Cons: The princess spa party - ripoff, the location of our cabin

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

We booked a mini-suite for the first time because the inside cabins are too small and uncomfortable for our family of four at this point. We were so happy with the extra space for our clothes and for us to move around the cabin.
The ship was beautiful and very clean, but it's ridiculous that the pool deck is so slippery. I witnessed many people falling and getting hurt, myself included. Also, the pool deck gets extremely hot.
We highly recommend Teppanayki! The chefs put on an amazing show and they are funny and talented.
The staff was always friendly and helpful. We had the unfortunate experience of being in the dining room with a group of obnoxious and nasty people who were complaining to the staff, and the staff handled them extremely well and with a smile. Also, because of the hurricane, my kids got seasick. The staff at the restaurant recommended green apples for them and got them right away.
The magician/comedian, Jean Pierre was hysterical and Cirque De Bijou was amazing! The casino was fun but I really wish smoking would be banned. We had to deal with a lady at the black jack table blowing smoke in our faces the whole time, and smelling like smoke when we walked out of there.
The ladies at the hair braiding place will try to rip you off. Make sure that when you are done, you haggle with them. They wanted to charge me $129 for my daughter's hair, and that wasn't even her whole head. Also, they charge $3 a braid, and the woman made the tiniest braids to try and get more money from us.