Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Enjoyable, but not fantastic

Sail Date: February 20, 2009

The ship, in general, was lovely. The bars and common areas were comfortable and attractive. However, the balcony room we had on the tenth floor was the smallest room we've ever had. This was our 13th cruise, our fourth with NCL. My husband and I are small people, yet we were constantly in the way of each other. A person could not leave or enter the bathroom if the other person was by the closet. If I was sitting on the vanity stool doing my hair and make-up, my husband could not get between the bed and me to get to the other side of the room. I had to get up, move the stool out of the way. Also, the room did not have enough lighting. For these reasons we would not choose this ship again.

Pros: ports/ sea days,entertainment in Stardust

Cons: the room was too small, the smallest room I've had in 13 cruises

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
Ship excursion visit to the beach was too expensive for what it was- basically, it was transportation and access to the beach, which could have been a tender ride. No food was included, so why did it cost $45/person?
St. John's, Antigua
We've been to Antigua before so chose to do a little shopping and then spend time by the ship pool.
Bridgetown, Barbados
We took the ship excursion to Harrison's Cave, which was very interesting. It enabled us to not only visit the cave, but see surrounding areas of the island as we transported by bus.
Castries, St. Lucia
We took a private tour (Serenity Island Tour) which had been previously arranged. It was fabulous and enabled us to see exactly what we wanted.
Don't Miss: Driive in volcano, pitons, fishing villages, waterfalls